Search Engine Optimizing your Blog
If you read Marketing Profs, you may have seen my two-part article over the last couple of weeks Ten Tips to Help Your Blog Soar in the Search Engines.
The tips involved…
- Specific customizing of your title tags
- Ways to clean up your URL structure and aggregate link gain to a single definitive (canonical) URL (i.e. reduce duplicate page issues)
- Adding a tag cloud and tag pages to your blog and then optimizing those tag pages
- Offering text links to related posts
- Adding a Top 10 Posts list to your home page with text links to those posts that you most want to pass link gain to
- Improving your anchor text on permalinks and on external links to other content of yours
- Adding intro copy rich with keywords to the top of the page through the use of sticky posts
- Use of heading tags
- Use of bold or emphasis tags in the body copy of your blog posts
- (For blogs with multiple authors) Creating an author page for each contributor and linking to their site directly from your home page to pass them link gain using keyword rich anchor text.
The complete article is around 3000 words and goes into much more detail. It includes suggested WordPress plugins to use and even sometimes specific PHP code to insert into your blog.
From the fundamentals of link building to the nuances of natural linking patterns, virality, and authority.
Thursday Three: Embrace Journaling, Tackle Tardiness, and Explore Our Energetic Echo
Here’s what I found inspirational, challenging, or just downright hilarious this week. What caught your eye? And, remember to check out this week’s great podcast episodes: Scaling a SaaS Company with Jason Morehouse “A crucial factor to business success is to find and take the personal path that works best for you.” — Jason Morehouse […]Read More
Thursday Three: Harrison’s harmony, conquering a blank canvas, & gut health hacks
Here’s what I found inspirational, challenging, or just downright hilarious this week. What caught your eye? And, remember to check out this week’s great podcast episodes: Be a Sales Game Changer with Fred Diamond “True elite sales professionals develop a dedicated mindset, proactive client interaction, and continuous self-preparation. They understand their client’s needs and enable […]Read More
Thursday Three: Rebirth of sleeper trains, 4,000 weeks is a long/short time, and golden age for medicine
Here’s what I found inspirational, challenging, or just downright hilarious this week. What caught your eye? And, remember to check out this week’s great podcast episodes: A Story Worth Retelling with Luke Storey “Aligned values are the cornerstone of successful partnerships, whether in business or life, as they shape our moral code, define our priorities, […]Read More