Is your email marketing right on target?
Do you want to improve open rates and conversion rates?
Do your customers view your email communications as spam?
Do you know how to use RSS and blogging to complement your email marketing and online communication efforts?
The value of email marketing in New Zealand has been growing steadily over the years. Not surprisingly email marketing and online communications are the most popular media of choice now, particularly email marketing.
Email is a powerful marketing tool and it integrates well with traditional media. It spurs immediate action, thus generating direct sales, registrations, growth of database and more. It is also more cost effective than paper-based direct mail and achieves greater ROI. However, it is wrought with challenges. And with the passing of the Unsolicited Electronic Messages Act, it’s important for organisations to ensure compliance whilst developing their marketing plans.
Integrated Email Marketing and Online Communications takes a practical approach to ensure continued acquisition, growth and retention of customers through targeted, robust, tried and tested strategies to help lift your email marketing strategies. To help you gain the upper hand over your competition, the course also covers some popular online communications tools that you could implement to supplement your email marketing strategy.
Digital Communications — Email Marketing, Online and Offline Media
Customers today have more choice available than ever before of how they are communicated with. Customers ultimately want to control the frequency, the content and how they receive their communications. This session covers how email fits within the full marketing mix and how it integrates with other online and offline media.
- What are digital communications?
- How do digital communications fit within the full marketing mix?
- Marketing through email, RSS, blogging, txt, websites
- Platforms â?? desktop computers, mobile devices
- Integration with other online media
- Integration with offline direct marketing
Developing an Email Strategy
Many companies spend a lot of time, effort and budget acquiring email addresses, but neglect to develop an effective communication strategy once they have them. Youâ??ll learn to develop strategic communication plans to maximise the potential for robust marketing strategies through this session.
- Developing the digital communication strategic plan
- Objectives, strategies and tactical elements
- Understanding the email marketing and digital communications
- How to integrate email marketing into other online and offline media
The Unsolicited Electronic Messages Act: Your Legal Obligations
Understand and ensure that your organisation meets the requirements of the Electronic Messages Act 2007.
- Definition of spam
- Definition of permission levels
- Permission vs. memorable permission
- Industry guidelines and best practices
- How will the Act affect your marketing plans?
- What are the penalties and costs associated with breaches?
- How tight is the current legislation â?? what are the ways around it?
- How to ensure compliance
- International spam laws â?? do they apply to companies in NZ?
Data Management: Building and Maintaining a List
Data is at the heart of any form of direct marketing including “email”. It pays to identify the data that you need to collect in order to personalise communications and provide effective reporting.
- Structuring your database â?? what type of data do you need?
- What are the reporting data requirements?
- “Quantity” vs. “Quality” â?? retaining the active subscriber
- Cleaning and maintaining data â?? changes, adds, deletes, fixing misspellings
- What is â??provable permissionâ?? â?? recording and time stamping of permission received
- “Offline permission” â?? how to record permission granted through the call centre, trade shows, network meeting and face-to-face sales activity
- Managing permission across an organisation
In-House or Outsource â?? Assessing Email Service Providers
Finding the right email service provider is a critical choice for any company. You will explore and learn ways to find the right vendor and technology to manage your campaigns now and into the future through this session.
- How to assess your needs
- Questions you should be asking
- Assessing email service providers in NZ and overseas
- Liaising with your email service provider
Winning Creative Strategies & Execution for Email
Create email messages that stand out, get read and get the response you plan for.
- “Memorable permission” â?? planning content your subscribers actually want to read
- Exploring the 19 creative elements (the from line â?? email brand value, the subject line, the preview pane, position of logo, ratio of text to images, design layout, number and type of links, navigation bar, inclusion of photography, feature offers, location of call-to-action, the words you use and personalisation etc.)
- Email mandatories
- What are the technical specifications?
- Designing effective landing pages and forms
- Use of rich media â?? video and audio
- Eyetracking and multivariate testing
Increasing Conversion Rates
This session covers how to use data to improve conversions such as open rates, click rates, inquiries and sales.
- Reporting data
- Behavioural targeting
- Event triggered campaigns
Deliverability, Filters and Rendering
Learn techniques to avoid the dreaded “spam” folder and “report spam” button.
- Data collection and tracking
- Filters and list management
- Deliverability reporting codes â?? messages sent back from ISPs
- About false positives
- Whitelisting â?? how to get your message delivered every single time
- Image suppression â?? whatâ??s getting delivered?
- Authentication and reputation
- Rendering your message in email readers
RSS â?? Spam Free Communications
Is RSS the holy grail of online communications? Lean how to send communications that are completely spam free.
- What is RSS and why use it?
- What are some of the popular RSS readers available?
- iRSS â?? individualized RSS, sending personalised communications just like email
- Content distribution and syndication
Blogging â?? Participating in the Ongoing Conversation
- The New Zealand and international blogospheres
- Starting a blog – how to choose a theme
- Posting content â?? what, how, when
- Dealing with comments
- Making friends â?? increase your presence in the blogosphere
- Integrating your blog with email and RSS
- Use of video (vlogging) and audio (podcasting)
- Reporting on performance