Defending yourself against the blogs
Tim Parry, author for Multichannel Merchant, discusses the dark-side of the Blogosphere. Links, community, and sharing are all great aspects of Blogging. However, slander and company wrong-doing, when blogged about, can have severe consequences.
Parry turns to Founder and President of Netconcepts, Stephan Spencer for best practice advice on the blogosphere. Spencer contributes 5 Tips for Beginning Bloggers. These tips include:
1. Starting your blogging experience with an internal blog posted on a company intranet rather than initially sharing on the World Wide Web.
2. Choose an appropriate Domain name that you will be happy with, now and in the future. It is important to establish your presence on the Web and secure your tenure.
3. Use an easily customized and scaleable blog content management system (CMS). You will inevitably need to make changes and additions. Choose a CMS you will be able to maintain.
4. Remember to post frequently. Continual postings with build your reputation in the Blogosphere. This may even mean keeping a tight schedule of which days you will post.
5. Establish a report with your peers in the Blogosphere. Communicate with them, run in their circles, and comment on their sites. Keeping up relations is a great way to build your “Street Cred.”
Read this entire article and learn additional Blogosphere best practices and saving grace suggestions from Parry.
From the fundamentals of link building to the nuances of natural linking patterns, virality, and authority.
Thursday Three: Embrace Journaling, Tackle Tardiness, and Explore Our Energetic Echo
Here’s what I found inspirational, challenging, or just downright hilarious this week. What caught your eye? And, remember to check out this week’s great podcast episodes: Scaling a SaaS Company with Jason Morehouse “A crucial factor to business success is to find and take the personal path that works best for you.” — Jason Morehouse […]Read More
Thursday Three: Harrison’s harmony, conquering a blank canvas, & gut health hacks
Here’s what I found inspirational, challenging, or just downright hilarious this week. What caught your eye? And, remember to check out this week’s great podcast episodes: Be a Sales Game Changer with Fred Diamond “True elite sales professionals develop a dedicated mindset, proactive client interaction, and continuous self-preparation. They understand their client’s needs and enable […]Read More
Thursday Three: Rebirth of sleeper trains, 4,000 weeks is a long/short time, and golden age for medicine
Here’s what I found inspirational, challenging, or just downright hilarious this week. What caught your eye? And, remember to check out this week’s great podcast episodes: A Story Worth Retelling with Luke Storey “Aligned values are the cornerstone of successful partnerships, whether in business or life, as they shape our moral code, define our priorities, […]Read More