Defending yourself against the blogs
Tim Parry, author for Multichannel Merchant, discusses the dark-side of the Blogosphere. Links, community, and sharing are all great aspects of Blogging. However, slander and company wrong-doing, when blogged about, can have severe consequences.
Parry turns to Founder and President of Netconcepts, Stephan Spencer for best practice advice on the blogosphere. Spencer contributes 5 Tips for Beginning Bloggers. These tips include:
1. Starting your blogging experience with an internal blog posted on a company intranet rather than initially sharing on the World Wide Web.
2. Choose an appropriate Domain name that you will be happy with, now and in the future. It is important to establish your presence on the Web and secure your tenure.
3. Use an easily customized and scaleable blog content management system (CMS). You will inevitably need to make changes and additions. Choose a CMS you will be able to maintain.
4. Remember to post frequently. Continual postings with build your reputation in the Blogosphere. This may even mean keeping a tight schedule of which days you will post.
5. Establish a report with your peers in the Blogosphere. Communicate with them, run in their circles, and comment on their sites. Keeping up relations is a great way to build your “Street Cred.”
Read this entire article and learn additional Blogosphere best practices and saving grace suggestions from Parry.
From the fundamentals of link building to the nuances of natural linking patterns, virality, and authority.
Your Ultimate Guide to Google Penalties
When your website’s traffic suddenly takes a tumble and you don’t know why, it can be maddening. Why is this happening? It’s possible you’ve been hit with a Google penalty, or have come up against one of Google’s algorithm updates. If you’re wondering how Google penalties work and what you should do to avoid them, […]Read More
Using Psychology to Boost Your Conversion Rate Optimization
Can a better understanding of the human brain help you get more conversions? Absolutely! Let’s look at how to incorporate some psychological concepts into your conversion rate strategy, along with some examples. Behavioral economics: humans are irrational What is behavioral economics and what does it have to do with conversion rates? Traditionally, economists believed that […]Read More
How to Master Social Selling on LinkedIn
Social selling could be your key to securing new prospects and boosting your bottom line. When not done properly, however, social selling can also ruin your online presence and repel potential customers. So what is social selling, and why does your brand need it? More importantly, how do you master social selling? Let’s look at […]Read More